System requirements and download¶
Mapbender needs the following components in order to run:
- PHP 5.6 (the newest bugfix-version) or later (php5)
- PHP CLI interpreter (php5-cli)
- PHP SQLite extension (php5-sqlite)
- PHP cURL extension (php5-curl)
- PHP Internationalization (php5-intl)
- PHP GD for printing (php5-gd)
- PHP Multibyte String (php5-mbstring)
- PHP FileInfo for printing to check image format
- APACHE mod_rewrite
- For development, particular the phantomjs helper, you need also the BZ2 extension. (php-bz2)
For Suse SLES and PHP 7 you also have to install (extra packages in SLES):
- PostgreSQL version 10 is not yet supported (Doctrine/DBAL 2.7 includes PostgreSQL 10 support).
Mapbender supports also PHP 7 up to version 7.1. You’ll need the above listed libraries for PHP 7 and the following additional ones:
- PHP Zip (php-zip)
- PHP Bz2 (php-bz2)
- PHP XML (php-xml)
PHP 7.2 is not yet supported.
Optionally, in order to use a database other than the preconfigured SQLite one, you need a matching PHP extension supported by Doctrine. For PostgreSQL for example: php5-pgsql.
If you want to use the developer mode or for creating create profiler data to be used to analyze errors you will still need the SQLite extension!
Oracle: Please read the hints for Oracle, that we have summarized in our FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions.
System requirements Windows¶
We have good experiences with the 64-bit downloads of Apache und PHP.
- Apache Download: The downloads of the Apache Lounge are customized for different Versions of Windows. For newer versions choose the “VC11” or “VC14” variant (this requires the Visual C++ Redistributable für Visual Studio 2012 resp. 2015) and the Win64 version (64-bit).
- PHP Download: Choose the “Non Thread Safe” variant of the PHP downloads as the x64 version (64-bit).
Download of Mapbender¶
Installation packages are distributed as compressed packages and are available for download at the download page.
After downloading, extract the package in a directory of your choice. In this installation documentation we assume that the package is extracted in the following directories:
- /var/www (for Linux) or
- C:/ (for Windows, not recommended, for this doku only).
For the following installation steps, please rename the unzipped directory (for example: “mapbender3-220.127.116.11”) to “mapbender”.
You’ll find the next steps of the installation in the following chapters:
For a quick Test you can also follow the Installation in the Symfony built-in webserver. The Git-based installation does not require theses Download packages but loads Mapbender from the Git-sources. In exchange additional installation steps are neccessary.
After unpacking the TAR.GZ- resp. the ZIP-archive, you will see in the Mapbender-folder the following subdirectories:
. ├── app ├── bin ├── fom ├── mapbender ├── owsproxy ├── src ├── vendor └── web